Thank you for considering CentraState for employment! Information contained in the Careers section of our website will give you information about working at CentraState, our Values, Commitment to Health & Wellness, Departments and Managers, Diversity, Not-For-Profit Status, and Applying for a Position. You can also review the items that make up our Total Rewards package. In case you want to skip all those great details, you can just click here
to get started with our online application.
Working at CentraState
We are glad you are considering employment with one of the Top 20 Best Places to Work in Healthcare, as recognized by Modern Healthcare magazine! We have a great team of employees who find working at CentraState very rewarding. How do we know this? In addition to the Best Places to Work in Healthcare Survey, our employees are invited to participate annually in a confidential employee opinion survey (conducted by opinion survey specialists HR Solutions). Our employees have ranked us above the National Healthcare Norm in all categories surveyed (Overall Job Satisfaction, Co-Worker Cooperation, Career Advancement, Human Resources Policies, Pay, and Benefits).
Working here means being part of a team that provides important services to our community. Most of all, our work environment is friendly, supportive and fun, and it is our employees who truly make CentraState a great place to work.
Become a fan of CentraState on Facebook
CentraState Careers is now on Facebook! Click here to become a fan.
CentraState is dedicated to service excellence for our patients, residents, families and the community. Compassion, sensitivity and integrity, for those we serve as well as those with whom we work with are essential. We are also committed to an environment that supports continuous quality improvement and positive change. This environment is enhanced by education that improves our individual and collective capabilities. We understand that cooperation with individuals and institutions with whom we share common goals is integral to the fulfillment of our mission.
These values are at the core of our workplace and guide us in what we do every day. It is very important that our current and prospective employees understand and share these values.
Commitment to Health & Wellness
At CentraState we are committed to health and wellness for our community and our employees. We encourage employees to maintain healthy lifestyles and provide many programs to support this commitment—including employee wellness offerings and a drug-free and tobacco-free campus! As of November of 2008, we’re completely tobacco free, inside and out. This means that there is no smoking or other tobacco use on CentraState grounds, including parking lots, driveway and all other exterior areas. We believe it is important to set the example—after all, we are in the health and wellness business.
Our Departments and Managers
You can find out more about our departments and managers on the jobs pages when you apply online.
We embrace and value diversity and inclusion at CentraState. We provide an environment that supports and encourages the unique contributions of each employee. You will find our employees reflect the diversity of our community. We are glad to say that our employees can share their differences in a supportive environment.
Our Board of Trustees, Administration and Management are also committed to equal opportunity for those seeking employment within our System. Employment-related decisions for any employee or potential employee are based solely on the qualifications of the individual. We support Equal Opportunity Employment and Affirmative Action.
Not for Profit Organization
CentraState is designated as a not-for-profit organization, serving our community. Our salaries are competitive with those of other, similarly placed, non-profit healthcare employers.
Applying for a Position – What to Expect
We are always searching for new talent to add to our organization, and we only hire the best.
We have a thorough application and hiring process, starting with our online application. Our positions are posted internally for our employees-only during the first week they are available. Many positions are filled internally, but there are others that are not. Jobs that are not filled with internal candidates are the ones you will see available on our website.
The Application Process
1. Register and complete your online profile
- Please read carefully the "Important Information" page if you decide to apply for a position. It is important that you fully understand the health requirements and background-checking process. Failure by you to disclose information will result in withdrawal of an offer and any future consideration with our organization.
- Completing a profile only is NOT considered an application. You must apply for a specific job to be considered as an applicant.
- Your completed profile will be saved, and you will be able to log back in using your unique user name and password that you have created to update it as needed.
2. Browse our available positions
- You can search by Position Type, Location, Department, Shift, Status, or Keyword.
3. Apply for an available position
- As noted above, completing a profile only is not considered completing an application. You must complete and submit an application for a specific job to be considered as an applicant.
- Please complete each section of the application in its entirety. It is your official document. You may attach a resume, but it does not replace the information you must provide in the actual application
- As long as you have provided a valid e-mail address, you will get a response that your application has been received.
- We ask that you apply for no more than 2 positions at a time. Why? Our recruiters can assess your qualifications for available openings with just one application. They will contact you if they feel you are suitable for a position for which you did not directly apply. That’s one of the advantages of the online application. We can link you directly to another job if appropriate.
- There will be different information for you to complete, specific to each separate position you apply for.
4. Set up a "job alert"
- If you are not interested in or not qualified for any of the positions available, you may set up a job alert. A job alert is not automatic – you will have to set it up. The job alert will send you an e-mail notification when a requested position is posted. If you do not wish to set up a job alert, you are welcome to check back at anytime.
5. After you submit your application
- Your application will be reviewed by our Recruitment Team. Unfortunately, not all applicants can be called by our office, as CentraState receives hundreds of employment applications weekly. You will only be contacted if the team has questions or there is further interest in your candidacy. You do not need to call Human Resources to check on the status of your application. You may check back with the careers website and see the status of your application for any position at any time. Your application remains active in our system for one year.
6. If you are selected for an interview
- You will be contacted by a member of our Recruitment Team for your interview. You should plan to be with us for a minimum of two (2) hours. Your recruiter will let you know if you should plan for more time than this. We will contact all candidates after the interview process is completed, including those who are not selected.
What happens if I am offered a position?
Our new employee on boarding begins with a phone call from our Recruitment Team to offer you a position. Candidates who are offered a position with CentraState go through a thorough background checking process which includes a minimum of two employment references (current employment required), a criminal background check, social security check, education verification, and post-offer physical (including drug screen) on site. Failure to provide accurate and complete information discovered during our background checking process will result in withdrawal of employment offer. We don’t want this to happen with you, so please read the Important Information page carefully and thoroughly before beginning your profile.
All employees begin their new-hire experience by attending System Orientation. New employees have a day-and-a-half (or three half-days) commitment for this orientation. Newly hired Registered Nurses will continue their classroom orientation for an additional week, following System Orientation, before heading to their unit for department/job-specific orientation. All other employees will proceed to their departments for department/job-specific following System Orientation.
New or Returning Applicants to CentraState - Apply Now!
If you are not currently employed by CentraState Healthcare System and want to visit our Online Career Center for available job opportunities, please click here.
Already a CentraState Employee - Apply Now!
If you are a current employee of CentraState Healthcare System and want to visit the Employee Online Career Center—set up specifically for CURRENT CENTRASTATE EMPLOYEES ONLY—please enter your employee ID number here: , then click here.
Accreditations & Recognition