The mission of the UMDNJ-RWJMS Family Medicine Residency at CentraState Medical Center is to provide the highest caliber of education and training to family medicine residents in an innovative and technologically contemporary environment in order to impart the finest quality of care to the patients and community of Central New Jersey. The residents and faculty will strive to incorporate the medical, social, and emotional needs of the patients to promote the best possible quality of life. The goal will be to graduate family physicians that can provide comprehensive, evidence-based, and compassionate continuity of care to families and individuals of all ages in an inpatient and outpatient setting.
- A new and innovative residency program structured for the future of family medicine.
- A university-sponsored program in a thriving community hospital with no other residencies.
- Offers residents rare advantage of belonging to a strong resident union (the Committee of Interns and Residents, http://www.cirseiu.org/).
- Highly competitive salary and benefits.
- Opportunities to attend local and national conferences.
- Innovative electronic health records that allow for remote access via residency-provided PDAs and hospital computers.
- Training for various fellowships offered through UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (RWJMS).
- Patient population with a diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic mix.
- "Away elective" (rotation outside of our hospital) opportunities provided in second and third years.
- Pre-paid membership in the American Academy of Family Physicians for all residents.
- Enthusiastic and experienced teachers of family medicine with expertise in the successful development of private clinical practices.
- Situated within convenient commuting distance to New York City and Philadelphia.
- Opportunity for post-graduate practice establishment in Monmouth County, a growing area with a need for family physicians.
- Part of CentraState Healthcare System, which includes:
- CentraState Medical Center, an acute-care hospital licensed for 271 beds.
- Applewood Estates, a lifecare retirement community currently undergoing expansion.
- Monmouth Crossing, Freehold’s first assisted living community.
- The Manor Care Center, a health and rehabilitation center.
- The Family Medicine Center, a provider of primary healthcare.
- The Health Awareness Center, offering a wide variety of health education programs and services at two convenient locations.
To Contact Us at The Family Medicine Center:
1001 W. Main Street, Suite B, Freehold, NJ 07728
T - 732-294-2540
F – 732-409-2621
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com