Why 24-hour rooming-in with your baby is so beneficial.
- Babies who room-in with their mothers sleep deeper and for longer periods of time.
- Mothers sleep better when babies room-in with them
- Mothers can learn about their newborn's responses and behaviors.
- Mothers become more confident in caring for baby at home.
- Babies who room-in have a decreased occurrence of jaundice.
- Mothers learn to recognize baby's hunger cues and feed on-demand.
- Mothers and babies have more skin-to-skin contact which can help promote breastfeeding.
- Babies cry less, which conserves more energy.
- babies feed more frequently, which increases milk supply, helps the baby gain more weight and gives the baby immunity against infections.
- Increases learning opportunities.
- Improves communication between family and staff.