What is a PHO?
A PHO (Physician Hospital Organization) is a vehicle that enables hospitals and physicians to work cooperatively toward accomplishing several objectives. Primary purposes for forming a PHO are developing improved methods of health care delivery; overseeing integration of physicians and hospitals into health delivery networks; assisting in voluntary group formation; and collecting, analyzing, and disseminating information. Secondary purposes include contracting with managed care organizations with joint risk sharing, developing standards of care, and building trust between hospitals and independent physicians.
Advantages of a PHO
- Provide an organized approach for physicians and hospitals to work together on managed care issues, such as utilization management and quality improvement.
- Serve as a clearinghouse for certain administrative duties such as insurance credentialing and utilization management, thus, reducing the burden on the individual physician and hospital members.
- Collaborating with managed care companies.
- Establish reimbursement and risk-sharing approaches that align incentive among all physicians.
CentraState Healthcare Partners (CHP) is a for-profit limited liability company whose members are CentraState Medical Center and select physicians that are on the CentraState medical staff. CHP is dedicated to improving patient safety, patient experience and efficiency of healthcare by ensuring and improving quality and controlling costs.
CHP and the CentraState Community Health Plan
CentraState Healthcare Partners is the inner circle provider network for the CentraState Community Health Plan (CCHP)
which is administered by QualCare. The CentraState Community Health Plan offers:
- Plans designed specifically for businesses and practices with 2-50 employees or larger
- Affordable and competitive pricing structure
- Multiple plan designs for your employees to choose from
- Large local and national provider list featuring CentraState’s Community Based Network
- Local service staff to answer your questions
- Available to husband & wife and partner only businesses
- Complimentary Flexible Spending Account and Health Reimbursement Arrangement administration*
(*Numerous value added benefits available from our partners at PIER and CBIZ to help lower expenses and reduce administration - $250 set up fee applies.)
Physicians interested in learning about CentraState Healthcare Partners should contact PIER Practice Solutions at 732-428-7025 or email email@example.com