Eat Well. Live Better.
Getting "nutrition smart" not only helps you manage your weight, but it is also an important part of a healthy lifestyle.
CentraState’s Star and Barry Tobias Health Awareness Center offers nutrition and weight loss programs for adults, children, and families. Programs include:
- Custom Fit Weight Loss Program: Taught by a registered dietitian, this eight-week nutrition and fitness program teaches participants how to release the power of their bodies to control weight and reduce health risks. Seated strength training with a fitness professional is part of each class. Program includes a cooking demonstration.
- Kids In Control Nutrition and Fitness Program: This four-week, fast-paced program is perfect for kids who want to run faster and play harder while eating right for their age and activity level. It includes fun food facts, interactive learning, and taste tests. For kids 8-12 years old.
- Individual Nutrition Consultations: A registered dietitians will design a personalized approach to healthy eating, weight management, or sports nutrition. Consultations are available for adults and children. By appointment only.
- Cooking Demonstrations: Aspiring cooks of all ages can bring out their "inner chef" by learning to make meals that will tantalize their taste buds while boosting nutrient intake. They can then try the recipes at home. The Junior Chef Cooking Club is specifically designed for children 8-12 years old.
- Pre and Post Weight Loss Surgery Education: Registered clients receive specialized education and support before and after weight loss surgery from a registered dietitian and a lifestyle management nurse. Post-surgery meetings with a registered dietitian and monthly open forums to help ensure the best outcome. This program is also available to clients who have had weight loss surgery at another hospital. For more information, call 866-CENTRA7 (236-8727).
- Metabolic Analysis: This quick, non-invasive procedure provides clients with a printed copy of their resting metabolic rate results, which can help them fine-tune their weight management efforts. By appointment only.
Speakers are available to provide nutrition programs to community organizations, schools, and corporations.
The Health Awareness Center is located at CentraState’s Star and Barry Tobias Ambulatory Campus, 901 West Main Street, adjacent to CentraState Medical Center.
For more information on nutrition, weight management and related classes visit our classes or call (732) 308-0570.