One of the best ways to prepare for childbirth when you are pregnant is to take prenatal or parenting classes. The Star and Barry Tobias Health Awareness Center offers a full range of options to help you care for your child at every stage. Programs include pre-pregnancy planning, parent/child classes, and tours of our First Impressions Maternity Center. Certified childbirth educators and registered nurses teach all of our prenatal and parenting programs. Classes are scheduled to meet your needs during your pregnancy and after delivery. Private sessions are available for your convenience as well.
During your pregnancy and before your baby is born, we offer:
- Preparation for childbirth classes
- Private Lamaze
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Infant care
- Sibling and expectant grandparents programs
- Baby fairs
- CPR for adult, child, & infant
- Newborn Caregiver Training
After your baby is born, we offer:
- Newborn parenting
- Breastfeeding support/pump rental
- Infant classes including exercise and massage
- Parent and baby classes for infants and children up to five years old
- Popular toddler programs, including Jumping Jacks and Jills, Musical Munchkins and Kids Crafts
- NEW VIP (Very Important Parent) Group—A fun social group for moms and kids
- Nurturing Parenting Series
All our programs are designed to teach parents everything they need to know to create a positive experience for their new baby and entire family. For more information on our childbirth and parenting classes visit the CentraState class calendar or call (732) 308-0570.
The Health Awareness Center is located at CentraState’s Star and Barry Tobias Ambulatory Campus, 901 West Main Street, Freehold, adjacent to Centrastate Medical Center.
Visit our classes or call (732) 308-0570 for more information on pre-pregnancy and parent/child classes.