Do you dream about getting a good night’s sleep? You’re not alone. Between work, kids, aging parents and endless to-do lists, it’s hard to turn off your mind when you turn off the lights.
Try these tips from Isabella Kaplunovich, RRT, RST, sleep specialist at CentraState, for transforming your bedroom into a sleep haven:
- Clear the Clutter: Make sure you bedroom is clean, serene and clutter-free.
- Keep it Cool: Studies show 65° is the ideal sleeping temperature.
- Power Down: Laptops, tablets and smart phones emit an artificial light that can throw off your body’s internal clock by confusing your brain into thinking it’s daytime.
- Go Dark: Keep your room as dark as possible while you’re sleeping. It helps your body’s natural sleep cycle to kick in.
- Make Your Bed: There’s something about folding down your blanket and slipping into soft, clean sheets that lets you gently drift into dreamland.