CentraState Healthcare System announced the recipients of the 23rd Annual Nursing Excellence Awards during the annual Nurses Week celebrations to honor nurses and their positive impact on everyone’s lives. These six registered nurses were recognized for providing the highest level of quality care to our patients.
The 2023 award winners are:
- Ashley Collegio, BSN, RN, Critical Care/Emergency Department Award
- Athena Farella, MSN, RN, CVN-BC, Registered Nurse, Advanced Award
- Nicole Interrante, BSN, RN, BCBCV, CRRP, Extended Nursing Care Award
- Kelly McNulty, BSN, RN, MEDSURG-BC, Perioperative Award
- Lauren Scala, BSN, RN, MEDSURG-BC, Medical Surgical Award
- Larissa Scanlon, BSN, RNC-OB/ IAP, C-EFM, Maternal Child Health Services Award
“Nurses are the backbone of our organization,” says Cathleen Janzekovich, PhD, MA, FHELA, MEDSURG-BC, NEA-BC, Vice President of Patient Services and Chief Nursing Officer. “They work at all levels to elevate the care for our communities and deliver quality healthcare.”
Nurses who win the Nursing Excellence Award must demonstrate Magnet® program ideals including leadership; professionalism; involvement in research, publications, and formal lectures; certifications and education; and clinical excellence. CentraState is in an elite group of less than 2 percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) four times. Magnet designated hospitals are regarded as the pinnacle of nursing practice, leadership and innovation so patients and the community can be assured they consistently receive the highest quality care.
The award winners were celebrated at a ceremony during Nurses Week at the hospital. Each winner received a framed certificate, flowers, a monetary award, and a pin. Their names will also be added to a permanent plaque in the hallway outside of the nursing administrative offices.