Hospital Visitation Guidelines
To provide the safest environment for our patients, staff and visitors, the following visitation guidelines are in effect with some exceptions (see tabs below):
- No more than two inpatient visitors and/or support persons are permitted per patient between 10 am and 7 pm. Visitors may change but cannot overlap.
- Support persons, for patients with special cases such as pediatrics, maternity or special needs, are permitted with a patient 24/7 at the discretion of the nurse supervisor.
- All visitors must be 18 years of age or older and present proper photo ID. Exceptions may be made in some cases. Speak to the nurse supervisor.
- All visitors are required to check in at the main lobby, be screened and adhere to our visitor guidelines.
To view our campus map, click here.
A no-visitor policy is in effect for COVID-19 patients and patients under investigation for COVID-19, unless in end-of-life circumstances.
Two parents or guardians are permitted with a pediatric patient 24/7 at the discretion of the nurse supervisor.
- One visitor may accompany a patient during the patient’s services/procedures.
- Visitors must socially distance within designated waiting areas. If social distancing cannot be maintained, the visitor may be asked to leave during the service/procedure and should provide a contact phone number so that the care team can regularly communicate the status of the patient and contact them with ample time to return for pickup.
Two visitors are allowed at one time. Visitors may switch throughout the day. Visitation is permitted 24/7.
No more than two support persons are permitted at any time. Additional accommodations may be made at the discretion of the nurse supervisor.
- Permission for visitors is at the discretion of the Behavioral Health team, including time and length of visit. Permission must be given in advance.
- When permitted, one visitor is allowed.
- Visiting hours are from 2 pm to 3 pm and 6 pm to 7 pm.
Adult patients with special needs, such as cognitive impairment or developmental delays, are permitted one designated support person. Support persons are permitted with the patient 24/7 at the discretion of the nurse manager.
- Adult patients who arrive at the Emergency Department will be individually evaluated by a triage nurse and screened for COVID-19.
- Two visitors are allowed to accompany the patient during an Emergency Department visit. No visitors are allowed for COVID-19 patients and patients under investigation for COVID-19.
- Pediatric patients (under age 19) are allowed two parents/guardians during triage and after the patient is admitted to the ED bay.
- All visitors must be screened for COVID symptoms and perform hand hygiene before entry.
- Masks/facial coverings must be worn throughout the duration of the visit.
- Visitors who do not adhere to these restrictions will be asked to leave.
For everyone’s safety, we are limiting personal items being dropped off for patients. For patients who are COVID-positive/potentially positive, we are allowing only essential items which can be effectively sanitized (for example: cell phone, glasses, hearing aid). Non-essential items are not permitted at this time for patients who are COVID-positive/potentially positive, including flower deliveries. We appreciate everyone’s understanding and cooperation during this time.
View the full patient belongings and valuables guidelines here.
The CentraStar Café is located in the main lobby of CentraState Medical Center. It provides breakfast, lunch, and dinner items, specialty coffees, and bakery goods. CentraStar Café hours are:
- Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday from 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Dining hours are subject to change.
Conveniently located on the main floor of CentraState’s Star and Barry Tobias Ambulatory Campus adjacent to the medical center, the Liberty Café serves a wide variety of breakfast, lunch, and dinner items, snacks, and beverages, including specialty coffees and teas. Selections include daily and weekly specials, a children’s menu, and assorted favorites such as:
- Breakfast omelets, sandwiches, and whole-wheat pancakes
- Freshly prepared salads
- Deli sandwiches, wraps, and paninis
- Burgers (beef, turkey, or vegetarian) and other grill items
- Soups and side dishes
- Protein shakes and bars
- Fruit smoothies and home-baked desserts
We offer indoor seating, outdoor courtyard seating (weather permitting), and takeout options. Takeout service can be ordered by calling 732-294-2599 or ext. 2599 from within the hospital.
For your convenience, there is an ATM machine on site, and credit cards are accepted for Liberty Café purchases. We also offer Frequent Flyer Coffee Cards and sell prepaid debit cards.
Liberty Café Hours:
Monday through Friday: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Grill closes at 2:30 p.m.)
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Grill closed)
Dining hours are subject to change.
Yes. For the comfort and convenience of our patients, cell phone use is permitted; however, please refrain from using cell phones in patient rooms, waiting areas, elevators, or other areas that might disrupt patients.
WiFi is available at CentraState Medical Center in certain areas throughout the hospital. To access it, simply turn your WiFi on and connect to the available networks for your device.
Yes. We will gladly deliver mail to patients while they are at the hospital. However, privacy regulations prevent us from forwarding mail to patients who have been discharged. Instead, it will be marked “Return to Sender” and returned to the post office.