One of nine organizations in the country have earned this recognition
The Wellness Council of America (WELCOA) recently recognized CentraState Healthcare System as a 2021 Platinum Well Workplace, one of only nine in the country to receive this award.
This platinum-level designation recognizes organizations that have developed comprehensive wellness programs that are strategic, an integral part of their business, and have produced significant results. CentraState, the third largest employer in Monmouth County, earned the award after successfully integrating the seven benchmarks of results-oriented programs and meeting rigid, worksite wellness criteria established by WELCOA.
“At CentraState, we value each one of our team members and the contributions they bring to our organization,” said CentraState Vice President of Human Resources Frances Keane. “Wellness is at the heart of our mission for our community and our team members and is especially important now as we all continue to face the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.”
Some of the CentraState wellness program initiatives include:
- Annual Health Assessments: health risk assessments and biometric screenings help employees and spouses understand the state of their health
- Self-Care Programs: encourage employees to participate in annual, nationally- recommended cancer and health screenings
- Mental, Emotional Health, & Resiliency Programs: designed to help employees manage stress and increase happiness
- Nutrition Programming:- classes and health coaching to assist with nutritional habits and cooking
- Fitness Programs: weekly free classes for all employees and discounts for onsite gym memberships
- Financial Wellness: on-site and virtual financial wellness programs