One of nine organizations in the country have earned this recognition
The Wellness Council of America (WELCOA) recently recognized CentraState Healthcare System as a 2021 Platinum Well Workplace, one of only nine in the country to receive this award.
This platinum-level designation recognizes organizations that have developed comprehensive wellness programs that are strategic, an integral part of their business, and have produced significant results. CentraState, the third largest employer in Monmouth County, earned the award after successfully integrating the seven benchmarks of results-oriented programs and meeting rigid, worksite wellness criteria established by WELCOA.
“At CentraState, we value each one of our team members and the contributions they bring to our organization,” said CentraState Vice President of Human Resources Frances Keane. “Wellness is at the heart of our mission for our community and our team members and is especially important now as we all continue to face the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.”
Some of the CentraState wellness program initiatives include:
- Annual Health Assessments: health risk assessments and biometric screenings help employees and spouses understand the state of their health
- Self-Care Programs: encourage employees to participate in annual, nationally- recommended cancer and health screenings
- Mental, Emotional Health, & Resiliency Programs: designed to help employees manage stress and increase happiness
- Nutrition Programming:- classes and health coaching to assist with nutritional habits and cooking
- Fitness Programs: weekly free classes for all employees and discounts for onsite gym memberships
- Financial Wellness: on-site and virtual financial wellness programs
ABOUT CENTRASTATE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
CentraState Healthcare System is a fully accredited, not-for-profit, community-based health system that provides comprehensive health services in the central New Jersey region. In addition to offering a full range of leading-edge diagnostic and treatment options, CentraState serves as a valuable health partner focused on the latest ways to prevent disease, promote healthy behaviors, and help people of all ages live life well. Based in Freehold, CentraState is comprised of a 284-bed acute-care hospital, a vibrant health and wellness campus, three award-winning senior living communities, a charitable foundation, and four convenient satellite health pavilions. The system also offers a family medicine residency and geriatric fellowship training program in affiliation with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Among its many honors and accreditations, CentraState is one of only 2 percent of hospitals nationwide to earn Magnet® designation for nursing excellence four times. To learn more, visit centrastate.com.
WELCOA (the Wellness Council of America) is one of the nation’s most-respected resources for building high-performing, healthy workplaces. With a 30-year history and more than 4,000 corporate members, WELCOA has an impeccable reputation for helping business and health professionals improve employee well-being and create healthier organizational cultures.