For patients with endocrine disorders, CentraState’s endocrinologists and endocrine surgeons offer the latest treatment options and personalized care plans for diseases from the common to complex. Our dedicated specialists and subspecialists partner with you to deliver accurate diagnosis and treatments that lead to the best outcomes.
ENDOCRINE CONDITIONS TREATED
Our endocrinologists and endocrine surgeons treat various thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal conditions, along with familial endocrine syndromes such as multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN) type 1, MEN type 2 and MEN type 4 syndromes, and other hereditary endocrine syndromes.
DIAGNOSING ENDOCRINE DISORDERS
Endocrine disorders can cause a hormonal imbalance in your body’s functions. An accurate diagnosis of an endocrine disorder can be difficult because your symptoms may mimic other disorders. At CentraState, our collaborative team of physicians and clinicians has the expertise and experience to deliver a diagnosis and develop the best treatment plan to manage your case.
If an endocrine disorder is suspected, your doctor will order tests. These include but are not limited to:
- Imaging tests – including CT scan, ultrasounds, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to look for any tumors
- Blood tests – to check for abnormalities that may help diagnose the type of endocrine disorder
- Urine tests – to eliminate the possibility of infections or kidney disorders
- Hormone testing – to check for specific hormone abnormalities
- Genetic testing – to check for gene abnormalities that may raise your risk of endocrine disorders or influence your treatment
CentraState’s endocrine surgeons, led by Alexander Shifrin, MD, provide innovative surgical expertise for patients with endocrine conditions, including diseases that affect the:
• Thyroid gland
• Parathyroid glands
• Adrenal glands
CentraState surgeons use minimally invasive surgical approaches whenever possible, resulting in faster healing, less scarring, and a shorter recovery time for patients. Our surgeons collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of experts to coordinate care for patients and develop a personalized care plan for patients, including medications or watchful waiting.