At CentraState, inpatient and outpatient neurorehabilitation focuses on the assessment, treatment and management of the rehabilitation needs of patients who have experienced a stroke or have other neurological conditions. In consultation with your doctors and nurses, our highly skilled and specialized neurologic physical therapists design and implement individualized care plans focused on achieving maximum independence and improved quality of life.
Attesting to the high quality of our comprehensive post stroke physical therapy, CentraState is an Advanced Primary Stroke Center certified by the Joint Commission. In addition, we have consecutively earned the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With the Guidelines® Target Stroke Honor Roll Elite Gold Plus Award.
NEUROLOGICAL & STROKE REHABILITATION TREATMENTS
Depending on individual needs, neurorehabilitation services include:
- Physical therapy to improve strength, balance, and endurance and recover mobility.
- Occupational therapy to assist with activities of daily living and maximize independence, featuring a simulated home setting to facilitate progress
- Speech, language, and voice therapy, including VitaStim therapy to help patients regain swallowing function by stimulating and reeducating the muscles responsible for swallowing.
- Cognitive therapy focused on attention, memory, visual-spatial skills, and execution of functions, social interaction, and problem-solving skills.
HOW THE REHABILITATION PROGRAM WORKS
Specialized techniques are practiced to provide personalized care and may include:
- Flint Rehabilitation Devices
- AlterG Treadmill
- Aquatic Program
- Cognitive Program (Minds in Motion)
- Stroke Support Group
In addition to helping people who have experienced a stroke or have other neurological conditions, our services include a comprehensive approach to managing every aspect of concussion and brain injury, from assessment to treatment.