At CentraState, we understand that caring for a sick child affects the entire family. Our professional pediatric nursing staff is sensitive to the needs of parents, siblings, and grandparents alike. We know the important part you play in your child’s recovery and well-being.
In addition to care and resources, our dedicated pediatric staff provides a soothing, home-like atmosphere to ensure the speedy recovery of your child and the comfort of the whole family. The family-centered services on our Pediatric unit include—
- Pediatricians and pediatric nurses in-house 24/7
- Unrestricted visitation for parents and guardians—24 hours-a-day, seven days-a-week
- Flexible, convenient visiting hours for siblings and extended family
- Spacious, private and semi-private rooms
- Comfortable fold-our guest beds and fresh linens for overnight stays in your child’s room
- Fully equipped private bathrooms and showers
- Separate treatment rooms for diagnostic procedures, leaving patient rooms as “safe havens
- Recreation rooms, including mobile video game arts
- Full kitchen access to prepare and store your child’s special foods as well as a pediatric menu
- Private telephones and free TV service for patients under 18 years of age
CentraState is designated a Magnet hospital for excellence in nursing care by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Our nurses are both cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and pediatric advanced life support (PALS) certified.
Whether a patient is a few hours old, a young adult, or a new mom in need of after-delivery follow-up, you can be assured that our experienced pediatric nursing staff will offer the most thorough are possible.
Nutrition and Meals
Nutrition is a necessity, and sharing meals can be a familiar comfort for both patient and their families. As part of our family-friendly services, we offer:
Parents are invited to contact the Nutrition Department directly at (732) 431-2000 with any questions or requests.
- Full kitchen access—we invite parents to use our conveniently located kitchen facility to prepare and store the special foods their child may desire. We encourage family members to bring food from home, as long as it is in keeping with any dietary restrictions set by the patient’s physician.
- Special pediatric menu—we offer three meals and two snacks daily—appropriately sized and specifically prepared with your child‘s needs and tastes in mind.
- Customized meals—Our pediatric nursing staff coordinates closely with our Nutrition Department. We can ensure a customized meal for your child—no matter what his or her needs.
We have two recreation rooms designed to entertain, stimulate and provide social contact for your child or adolescent. Provided your child’s physician has not put any restrictions on physical activity, your child will have free access to toys, games, books and video games, and may bring them back to his or her room. Parents may choose washable toys from our play area to share with children in isolation rooms. We also have a number of portable TVs and video games for your child’s entertainment.
Additional Outpatient Services and programs
For more information, call (866) CENTRA7.