The outstanding pediatricians on staff at CentraState Medical Center work with newborns and children up to 18 years old. Asking the right questions can help determine your comfort level with a prospective pediatrician.
- What is your background? (Where did you go to school, where did you do your residency, have you practiced anywhere else?)
- How long have you been in practice?
- Do you have a sub-specialty or area of pediatric interest?
- How long does a typical check up last?
- If I have a minor question, what is the best time to call?
- Are you board certified through the American Academy of Pediatrics?
- What are your thoughts on child health issues such as...
-Getting babies to sleep
- Do you have children?
- Do you take my insurance?
- What are the office hours? Are there weekend or evening hours?
- How will we reach you if my child is sick after hours?
- Is this a solo or group practice?
- Who covers for you on weekends, evenings and days off?
- What arrangements do you make in your office for children who are sick? Is there a separate waiting room for them?
- Do you make same day appointments?
- Which tests are handled here (throat cultures, blood tests)?
- Which tests have to be done somewhere else (X-rays)? Where are they done?
- Does the office respond to email?
- How do you handle payments, billing, lab charges and insurance claims?