CentraState Healthcare System is a private, not-for-profit health organization dedicated to excellence, offering the full circle of health and wellness for our community.
The organization consists of:
CentraState Medical Center
– an acute-care medical center licensed for 284 beds. The medical center became a teaching hospital in 2005 with the launch of its' Family Medicine Residency Program in conjunction with the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey- Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Also in 2010, the hospital was re-designated with Magnet status for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) of the American Nurses Association.
Star and Barry Tobias Ambulatory Campus
– a 171,000-square-foot outpatient center opened in 2007 that is home to the Star and Barry Tobias Health Awareness Center, a new Fitness and Wellness Center, OceanFirst Rehabilitation Center, Thomas J. Blanchet Cardiac Diagnostic Center, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Center for Sleep Disorders, Integrative Health & Preventive Cardiology Program, several private physician offices, Liberty Café, and a conference center.
Star and Barry Tobias Health Awareness Center
- offers a variety of health education and fitness programs for adults and children, support groups, and health screenings to the community, schools, and businesses. Its Student Health Awareness Center provides programs specifically designed for students and faculty.
- Three senior living communities:
– a lifecare retirement community that completed a $38-million expansion in 2007. The community now includes 380 independent-living, assisted-living and skilled-nursing apartments, and 20 independent-living cottages, along with a new promenade, performing arts center, formal dining room, and other enhancements.
Family Medicine Center
– a free-standing office about a quarter-mile west of the hospital providing community health services and serving as home to CentraState Medical Center's Family Medicine Residency Program.
CentraState Healthcare Foundation
– CentraState’s charitable division. It recently completed a $10-million capital campaign to support the Star and Barry Tobias Ambulatory Campus.
- Community Advisory Council - Under the auspices of the CentraState Healthcare Foundation, it identifies and targets the specific health needs of the various central New Jersey communities.
In the center of it all...
Located in Monmouth County in central New Jersey, CentraState Healthcare System has been an integral part of the attractive, culturally diverse, and thriving community of Freehold since 1971. Within close proximity to New York City and Philadelphia, CentraState is nestled in a suburban setting just a 20-minute drive from the Jersey Shore.
Freehold, the county seat, offers an impressive array of restaurants, shops, and entertainment, in a picturesque blend of country and urban living. Nearby Red Bank provides art galleries, live theater and an art cinema, as well as the landmark Count Basie Theater and new Two River Theater. Enjoy your favorite musical performers at the nearby PNC Bank Arts Center.
Good schools and a variety of housing options make Monmouth County a great place to raise a family. And who can resist the New Jersey coastline, with its outstanding park system and abundance of recreational activities? Discover why historic Monmouth County is an attractive place to live and work…and how CentraState is in the center of it all.
For more information about Centrastate Healthcare System, please call (866) CENTRA7.