Clear the clutter from your mind and home using the 10 & 10 approach from Jamie Novak, author of Keep This Toss That. It’ll help you get and stay organized in manageable bites rather than taking an overwhelming all-or-nothing approach.
- Write down everything you want to organize and then pick your top ten to-dos.
- Hang the list somewhere you won’t lose it, like inside your pantry door.
- Pick one item from the list to start with. Can’t decide? Roll a set of game dice. Whatever number it lands on is the to-do you act on. No re-rolls.
- Divide that to-do into 10 tiny tasks. For example, if you’re cleaning out the fridge, tasks might include throwing out expired food, wiping down shelves, and organizing produce drawers.
- Give yourself 10 minutes to accomplish a task. Setting a timer helps. It’s fine to do just one task a day. Or a few more if you’re inspired. The key is to get one thing accomplished and off your list. Little wins are motivating. Before you know it, your home will be organized and running smoothly—and so will your life!