An estimated 44 million women in the U.S. are affected by cardiovascular diseases. Enhance your well-being and heart health by learning these subtle symptoms that can signal something isn’t right.
- Increased pressure in the chest or heartburn (While both men and women can feel like there’s an elephant on their chest, a women’s chest pain can feel less intense)
- Pain or discomfort in the arms, left shoulder, back, neck, jaw or stomach
- Difficulty breathing or shortness or breath
- Sudden sweating (cold sweat)
- Fullness, indigestion or choking feeling (may feel like heartburn)
- Nausea or vomiting
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, extreme weakness
- Unusual fatigue
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat
If you have chest pain along with any of the other symptoms listed above, get help immediately—especially if it lasts longer than five minutes.
Schedule Your Appointment at The Gloria Saker Women’s Heart Program at CentraState
Women may be referred to The Gloria Saker Women’s Heart Program at CentraState by their primary care physician, or may request an appointment without a referral. To request an appointment, call (732) 637-6366.
To find a cardiologist in NJ, visit our physician finder.