- 1 cup green onion, chopped (green part only)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ pound bulk sausage (get one with no onion or garlic added)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 7 eggs
- ⅓ cup grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 (10-inch) corn tortillas (burrito-size)
- ¼ cup FODMAP Free sour cream
- ¼ cup FODMAP Free salsa
- 1 large tomato, (4 ounces) seeded and diced
- Grated extra sharp cheddar cheese, for garnish
- Hot sauce (Crystal brand is FODMAP Free)
- Serve with fruit, optional
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Crumble the bulk sausage and cook thoroughly.
- Remove the sausage and drain off the fat.
- In the same skillet, with the residual fat, cook the green onions and peppers until the peppers are slightly charred, about 8 minutes.
- Add the red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and cooked sausage and cook another 3 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs and dry mustard, then stir in the cheese.
- Add egg mixture to skillet (same one you have been using), reduce heat to low and add eggs, scrambling until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Spread each tortilla with 1 tablespoon each FODMAP Free sour cream and FODMAP Free salsa, then layer with ¼ of the sausage mixture and ¼ of the scrambled eggs.
- Roll tortilla, burrito style, top with some diced tomato and a sprinkling of grated extra sharp cheddar cheese, for garnish.
- Season to taste with hot sauce.
- 1 cup crushed ice
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 banana
- 6 strawberries
- Add ice to blender and crush until it is in fine pieces (approximately 1 minute if you start with crushed ice or 2 minutes if you start with cubes).
- While ice is being crushed, measure the almond milk, peel the banana and break into chunks, and clean the strawberries and cut each in half.
- When ice is ready, add milk and fruit and blend on “smoothie” setting for approximately 1 minute.
- Pour into glass and ENJOY!
Be sure to have your milk and fruit ready to add. If you let the ice sit in the blender while you clean the fruit, it may become too solid to blend. Create your own fruit smoothie with an combination of FODMAP friendly fruit such as: ¼ cup raspberries ¼ cup blueberries Makes 1 serving
Zucchini Walnut Pancakes
- 1 cup Gluten free pancake mixture
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup lactose free milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat medium non-stick skillet (lightly oiled) over medium heat. Blend ingredients together until smooth. Pour about 3 small to medium pancakes in skillet (should use about 1/2 of batter). Flip pancakes after about 1-2 minutes when edges begin to slightly firm up and lightly brown. Cook for another minute or until cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter.