If you’ve been waking up every morning feeling tired and craving more sleep, you’ve got company: In the best of times, one in three Americans don’t get enough sleep of seven or more hours a day. Add uncertainty and anxiety into the mix and sleep seems even more elusive. To fall asleep faster and sleep more soundly each night, follow these tips from yoga trainer and physical therapist Beth Ando-Brenman:
- Exercise daily to help calm your mind.
- Reduce caffeine consumption later in the day.
- Avoid stimulating content, like watching the news, before bed.
- Power down devices an hour before bedtime. Set an alarm on your phone that reminds you to put tech aside each night.
- Stick to a consistent wake-sleep schedule—even on weekends.
- Stop skimping on sleep to get more done in the day.
Getting quality hours of sleep at night allows your brain to cycle through the four stages of sleep for a productive and energetic next day.
Join “Get Some Sleep” to learn how to wind down and get more of those needed zzz’s.
Plus, check out our YouTube channel for calming meditation, relaxation and visualization videos.