Grilled Shrimp Skewers over White Bean Salad
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh oregano, minced
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh sage, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 24 raw shrimp (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Combine lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, oregano, sage, chives, pepper and salt in a large bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the dressing in a small bowl. Add beans, tomatoes and celery to the large bowl; toss well.
- Preheat grill to medium-high or place a grill pan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Thread shrimp onto 6 skewers. (If using a grill pan, you don’t need to skewer the shrimp.)
- Oil the grill rack or the grill pan. Grill the shrimp until pink and firm, turning once, about 4 minutes total. Serve the shrimp on the white bean salad, drizzled with the reserved dressing.
Per serving: 212 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 95 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 17 g protein; 8 g fiber; 575 mg sodium; 242 mg potassium.