Before your day starts off on the wrong foot, it can help to have a few tools in your kit to reset and feel in control. There’s no right or wrong way to work these rituals into your day—apply them when they feel right for you. Here’s how to center yourself all day long:
- Rise 15 minutes earlier than usual.
- Set intentions for the day either in writing or with quiet reflection.
- Pause, breathe deeply and deliberately.
- Look yourself in the mirror and say positive affirmations like: “I am smart. I am kind. I am worthy. I am enough.”
- Turn off the TV and turn on inspirational music while you dress.
- Take a quiet moment to review and digest all that happened in the morning. Give yourself credit for all you accomplished. Capture one moment from the morning that was your favorite part of the day so far.
- Be mindful of the food you choose for lunch. Enjoy it while eating in the company of others.
- Tell yourself three things for which you are grateful.
- Journaling, singing, dancing or swaying to music can help acknowledge and release feelings.
- Review your day with someone else.
- Give yourself time to relax before bedtime and commit to a regular sleep schedule.
Use Relax Well programs to learn stress reduction and mindfulness tips