Whole food, plant-based eating focuses on minimally processed foods that are abundant in nutrients and as close to the earth as possible. Delicious, nutritious foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, seeds and legumes are emphasized, while animal-based foods like fish, poultry, and dairy products are curtailed. Eating an abundance of plant-based foods has many benefits. It:
- Promotes weight loss and helps maintain goal weight
- Improves blood glucose levels in those with diabetes or prediabetes
- Prevents constipation
- Helps lower blood pressure
- Adds a glow to your complexion
- Increases levels of energy and alertness
- Supports anti-aging
Ready to veg out?
CentraState can help you add more plant-based foods to your diet. We offer individual nutritional consultations or group classes like Positively Plants, which includes cooking demos, recipes, lectures, and professional and peer support.